During the 1918 Spanish flu epidemic, homeopathy "saved the day" for patients who were lucky enough to have a homeopathic doctor. While the death rate of people treated with traditional medicine and drugs was a staggering 30-40%, those treated by homeopathic physicians had a remarkably low death rate of only 1.05%. Homeopathy was more than 98% successful in treating the Spanish flu and can treat the Corona virus too.
The devastating scale of the 1918 Spanish flu pandemic is unfathomable. The virus killed an estimated 20 million to 50 million victims.
Historical accounts show that Ohio reported 24,000 cases of flu treated with western medicine with a death rate of 28.2%, while 26,000 cases of flu treated homeopathically had a death rate of 1.05%. Dr Roberts, the physician on a military ship during that time had 81 cases of flu on the way over to Europe. He reported, "All recovered and were landed. Every man received homeopathic treatment."
* Purchase some over-the-counter homeopathic remedies. The ones I suggest you have on hand for this flu are: Gelsemium, Bryonia, Eupatorium, Arsenicum, Aconite, Belladonna, Ferrum Phos, Mercurius, Rhus Toxicodendron, Oscillococcinum.
* Establish a relationship with a homeopathic practitioner (those with CCH after their name and many ND's have excellent training) so if you or a family member get sick, you have access to quick treatment suggestions. I do phone consultations for local and long-distance clients.
* Hygiene and Prevention: This does not mean only using hand sanitizers but rather washing your hands with soap and water, for at least 20 seconds, especially before eating. Washing doorknobs or other communal surfaces, wearing gloves when touching doors to enter a building (easy now with winter temperatures), covering your mouth with a handkerchief during every cough or sneeze, and choosing how you will greet people (shaking hands? Hugging?). Avoid people who are sick and stay home if you are sick.
* Eating and resting well are foremost to staying healthy. If you feel run down take a day off and rest. Avoid sugars, alcohol and processed foods. Eat plenty of whole grains, fruits, vegetables and lean meats, if you choose. Support your microbiome with kombucha and fermented foods such as miso or sauerkraut. Exercise to support your immune system and to support good sleep at night.
* Supplements: There are a variety of supplements that help to prevent flu including licorice root, North American ginseng (Panax quinquefolius), elderberry, Echinacea, Hydrastis and garlic. Zinc, vitamin A, D and C and selenium can help as well. I recommend Stamet’s 7 or My Community mushrooms from Host Defense.
* Manage your stress. Stress hormones create corrosive chemistry and can suppress the immune system to some extent. Reassure yourself there are effective approaches to neutralizing flu pathogens, do Neurofeedback as it has high efficacy in down-regulating stress levels, practice "staying in the moment" and resist "future-tripping". Do those things that give you strength. Fear does not give you strength...love does.
I will be training people how to strengthen their immune systems and to select the best homeopathic remedy in the event they contract a virus; if you are interested in learning home-prescribing for the flu using homeopathics, or if you would like support, please contact me.
Restorative Therapeutics & Neurofeedback, Inc.
Carolyn Hallett, JD CCH
Board Certified Homeopath
1118 Finnegan Way, Suite 102, Bellingham WA 98225
Neurofeedback ~ Train Your Brain, Change Your Life